Risk ManagementOur assignments have called on our expertise in helping organisations to improve their management of operational risk (the risk of direct or indirect loss resulting from inadequate or failed internal processes, people and systems or from external events) and strengthen feedback loops between performance and proactive identification, assessment, mitigation and monitoring of risk.
We partner with organisations to diagnose current state opportunities and then design, develop and implement future state solutions whilst building leadership and team capability and introducing management practices and tools which enable you to manage risk more effectively.
- Analysis of effectiveness of risk identification, assessment, monitoring and management to determine opportunities to identify opportunities to strengthen your management of operational risks.
- Facilitation of risk identification workshops to identify risks associated with your business in the event of multiple possible future scenarios to put in place simple mechanisms to proactively identify risks.
- Examination of effectiveness of loss and near miss data capture and analysis to identify and quantify risks.
- Exploration of effectiveness of risk assessment and use of qualitative and quantitative risk assessment techniques taking account of cause and effect, impact and probability to identify opportunities to strengthen your management of operational risks.
- Analysis of effectiveness of deployment of multiple risk mitigation options to identify opportunities to reduce exposure to operational risks.
- Review of effectiveness of control framework (system, activities and processes) to identify opportunities to mitigate risks effectively.
- Analysis of the cost of control to determine how the effectiveness of your management of risks can be strengthened at a reduced cost.
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of control testing approach and processes, control test content and the strength of the feedback loop between control testing outcomes and the ongoing monitoring of risks to reinforce the effectiveness of your operational risk management.
- Development of control tests for key controls to provide assurance that controls designed to mitigate your risks are effective.
- Development of risk and control records/libraries/logs to identify opportunities to strengthen your management of operational risks.
- Review of effectiveness of Key Risk Indicators and risk reporting to reinforce how you meet your obligations under your corporate governance rules and strengthen how you drive performance in your business.
- Design and implementation of solutions to address opportunities identified from all analysis and strengthen the effectiveness of operational risk management.